Thursday, May 20, 2010

Movin' On Up -- Finally Gotta Piece of the Pie

Man, I don't know why I'm not able to sign in on the last account I made on here. Mmn, whatever.

This blog entry's goal: to be more compressed than the last. (I. Love. To. Type! Obviously?)

So I woke up at the ungodly hour of 9somethingAM, (Heaven forbid, right?), to go to Midas with my mom to change the oil and apparently the a/c filter because it looked like a burnt accordion when they gladly brought it out to us while waiting for the main reason: oil change. My mom and I watched an entire episode of Home Improvement in the lobby until they were done along with some classy and underclass rednecks. How did I tell the difference? The 2/3 rednecks brought Popeye's while they waited on their car while the other one sat properly drinking his grande Starbucks drink. For later reference of course.. ;)

After that, I made the executive decision to download four albums of music since Pandora's doesn't care to share their music longer than 40 hours per month. Yes, I've exceeded that amount twice lately. You can't just rely on one source for music anymore. They're starting to charge now, apparentally. Luckily, there's amazon, youtube, and I have friends with good taste in music. Otherwise, :||, :||, and you guessed it --> REPEAT.

HIGHLIGHT OF MAY 20TH, 2THOUSAND10:

(sing it the best you can): BRITTANY CROWE WILL BE WORK-ING -FOR-THA-WEEKEND :)
Yeeup, this girl right here got employed thanks to networking with Mary Osteen. Starting this Sunday, I'll be helping "Ms. Carroll" with the hymnals at this Methodist church in Many, LA. 10 seconds after getting the number to the church from Mary, I called them. A secretary picked up and directed me to Ms. Carroll. She sounded so sweet and 60s. Not the era, but the age; soft spoken, pre-school teacher-ish -- sort of like a Louisiana version of Ms. Doubtfire. I imagine she's very precious in an elderly way. We went on to talk about how it would only be a "show up for service" type deal and how choir rehearsal was no included just yet. She asked if I were familiar or experienced with hymns and when she heard the number of years I took lessons and how I could "play" classical stuff, she knew I was well prepared.

Ms. Carroll: "..you see, back in my day, I minored in music so I don't know as well as much as you do so I believe you're well suited for the job more than myself."

TRANSLATION: "..you see, if you mess up *correctly*, I WON'T KNOW. 10-4!?"

Messing Up Correctly -- playing what's written wrong, but it sounds right. (too good at that)

The moral of the story: 2 jobs -- CHECK! Guess who's living room will have new furniture from IKEA soon? OOOH, WATCH OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment