Sunday, May 23, 2010

"..because we all know fried chicken is Mexican food."

So I finally told my mom that my temporary roommate is gay. I don't know why I felt like she would be uncomfortable with this news. Yet, she threw me off when she asked, "Does he wear make up?" I didn't want to encourage it so I didn't respond.

I'm going to turn my living room into a skating rink soon. I mean, I have speakers and wooden floors, why not? What's more cheesy is the fact that my skates are old school heely's, but with an extra wheel near the toe. I tested them out in my kitchen back home and by tugging from one chair to the next with them on was good enough practice. HA! Pullin' a Matilda on the livin' room flo.

Last night Mary and I spent the evening attempting to be adventurous by exploring an old abandoned building in town. We even purchased two dollar flashlights at Wal(star)Mart. However, a certain "Natchitoches maintenance crew" thought they do the building a favor and fix the entrance so no one could enter it anymore. LAME. During the process of it all, we both came to realization that our lives have been so consumed with school related activities and other distractions to where we were never left with enough time to actually LIVE. Of course, we would come to this revelation when we're finally on our own, with jobs, dealing with average adult dilemmas. No fear, though. First step is admitting the problem, right? We've made a list and hopefully we'll accomplish them all as the summer comes to an end.

I kind of got lost on the way to my first job. I could have sworn Many, LA was literally up the street from the interstate. Not up the street, past a bunch of fields, around the corner from the Catholic church, and through that barely working red light. slash 50(+) MILES AWAY. Luckily, I left early enough to make it there on time. Everyone treated me like we were friends forever. The irony of that is the fact that majority of them were over 50 years old; people I couldn't have been friends with as old as they were because I haven't been around long enough: Carolyn, Carroll, Bill, Shirley, (insert traditional elderly name here), (and here), and (if you want, here, too). Favorite quote of the day there:

(insert paster's name here): "We got Cinco de Mayo luncheon this Wednesday. Come fellowship with friends, eat good food, and enjoy God's presence -- because we all know fried chicken is Mexican food!"

It's gonna be a good time. Everything's pretty sight read-able and Mrs. Carroll and I have kind of a lot in common. She played the clarinet, piano, and minored in music her first year in college. CHECK, CHECK, CHECK! Plus, she's so funny and relate able.

We'll dance to the songs from the cars as they pass
Weave through the cardboard, smell that trash
Walking around in our summertime clothes,
Nowhere to go while our bodies glow

Look it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment