Friday, May 28, 2010

Short Descriptions and Monologues

I could go into detail about "lately" in a normal style, but that'd be too easy / would take too long / too many stringy details -- blahblahblah. Instead, I'll mention in Nutshell Modern Language Format slash simple description / memorable quotes.

  • I had to save the day one day with my driving back and forth skills because of certain misfortunes: Kirbye's car suddenly having a few flat tires at a very public parking lot. To the scene of the crime, to the police station, to her place, swing by Wal Mart-- but in mix and match order. Luckily, Charlie was along for that entire ride with me otherwise I would not be so humble through it all.
    (outside the police station)
    "I kinda want to go in there and see if they have Kirbye tazared on the ground or something." -Charile
    "That police man was so stupid. He asked me if I stole someone's boyfriend." -Kirbye

  • Rented a "duet bicycle carriage" with Mary. We rode it up and literally down Natchitoches. Natchitoches looks better in slow motion -- while peddling.
    "Yes, ma'm. If you want to rent the bike [carriages], you'll need to go to the music store. That's where you can rent them." -the woman at the info center on front street
    Sheet Music, Reeds, Valve Oil, and Bikes; it's a sign of the times if this is what's at a music store now a days.

  • My friend Natalie came by my house one night because she felt spontaneous and wanted to go swimming at a local boat dock. I needed a break from practicing so decided to go along with her and the neighbors. I haven't been on a boat in a while so sitting on the dock with the water moving as if to make it feel like I was in a Fiest video (My Moon My Man) or a horizontal escalator -- if that makes sense? Surprisingly the water was super luke warm -- not that I got in it. That's silly. It was also really cold / windy that night. Well, up until someone mentioned the fact it was cold then this warm wind creeped by following these quotes:
    "Did y'all feel that? It just got suddenly warm -- kind of like someone just took a big piss in the wind." -Chris
    (Elton John's Benny and the Jets comes on the radio on the ride back home)
    THE ENTIRE CAR: "YEAHHHH!"
    Chris: "I'm so glad y'all are my friends. Back when I was in high school, the kids I hung out with didn't feel that kind of music."
    Natalie: "I feel like I can dance like a real white person when I listen to Elton."

  • Had another annual reunion via cell phone with an old friend. His life is so celeb -- halfway. It's like he lives the stardom life, but only locals know he's famous; he went "missing" / huge weight loss / partied way too hard / almost died twice / the list goes on. Yet, he's still alive, he still considers me one of his best friends even though the loss of contact, and he's becoming healthier while still having fun. Taking life one day at a time mindset. Oh, and he lives in his dinning room, too. We're so living the 2010 lifestyle, for sure.
    "Crowe, we've been talking for almost an hour!"
    "Well, what do you expect when you don't talk to someone for almost over a year?"
Sometimes I wish my living room had carpet, but then I wouldn't be able to laugh when one of my neighbors successfully looks ridiculous trying to skate around my living room while bashing me and my talent to fall on my face when I try to do the same (H U G E B R E A T H H E R E) just so they could lose control and become instantly talented once they discover where the wood floor meets the carpet floor at the entrance to my bedroom. Oh, did I el oh el. Or did I "fun..?" According to my twitter text from my friend OMGFACTS, "lol" in the Dutch culture means fun.
Not to mention, I love my life. I have a simple once a day week job where I practice / exercise doing what I love, (playing piano), live only 2 hours away from my permanent address / hometown friends, live in a house AT A LOCATION that is conveniently "gas efficient", one month away from networking with all the important clarinet Jesus' around the world / just watching them perform / buy tons of clarinet shit-- life is simple, life is great :) : ) :) colon parenthesis confetti EVERYWHERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment